March already?!

I can't believe we're already in March! Since I got a such a late start on Valentine's cards and didn't get to create as many as I had hoped I figured I'd better get the ball rolling on creating some Easter cards.

I'm so excited for what I created because today I used 1 die and 1 stamp set to create 5 cards. Unfortunately the die I used is no longer being sold but will list the name of it it as well as some alternatives.  Everything I used in my post, I will have links for below.


In keeping with the "Easter" themed I selected 5 pieces of cardstock that were along the pastel color palette. After running each piece through my die machine I separated the negative and positives. I then glued the pieces onto a piece of white cardstock cut and folded to 4.25" x 5.5" making to alternate the pattern and excluding the "core" color.


I then stamped up some images on some white cardstock and colored them up using a mix of my Prismacolor pencils as well as my Kuretake Zig Clean Color markers. I felt the Zig's worked REALLY well because they have that fine tip brush that could put out a nice color coverage in such tiny areas of the image. I finished the card off by adding some Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard to the whites of a couple of the eggs and used my black Zig marker to trace the outer part of the image so there would be no white showing around it.



Here is the finished product! I kept the image pretty simple as I didn't want to take too much of the focus away from that fun Easter inspired background.



I hope you enjoyed your weekend and have a great rest of the week. Until next post, make every day a Craftasmic Day! 

PRODUCTS USED:

My Favorite Things - Chevron Cover-Up Die (no longer being sold)
Queen & Company - Chevron Die (alternative)
My Favorite Things - Chunky Chevron (alternative)
Pink & Main - Joyful Easter Set
Zig Clean Color Brush -  set
  • Colors used for Easter eggs:
    • Orange (also used for Chick's beak and feet)
    • Pale Green
    • Light  Blue
    • Pink (also used for Rabbit's nose)
    • Lilac
    • Black (to outline the image after cutting)
Prismacolor Colored Pencils - 150 set
  • Colors used for Rabbit
    • 10% Warm Gray
    • Blush Pink (Bow)
    • Hot Pink (Bow)
    • Blush Pink  (Ears)
    • Deco Pink (Ears)
  • Colors used for Chick
    • Cream
    • Canary Yellow
    • Sunburst Yellow
Nuvo Glitter Drops - White Blizzard

Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 Cover 8.5"x11" 250/pack

Comments

Don't forget to check out my Instagram for more projects!